Sunday, July 10, 2016

Dad

Let me hold your hand for a moment.
Your skin once soft feeling weathered
Your strong grasp has weakened just a slight bit, as mine has, as mine will.  Let me walk with you, your legs, once filled with stamina, now filled with pain in each step, yet you walk proudly, not acknowledging your truth.  Let me hold you when you are down, take care of you as you still take care of me, even though I'm grown, even though I should be standing on my own two feet . Let me love you like the superhero you still are to me at 44 years old, and you at 72.  In my eyes you can do no wrong. I am so proud to be one of yours and look forward to each shared moment with you
Let me thank you for all you are, all you have been and forever will be.  Let me bask in pride, as I call you Dad, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment